Ok so I have have had the advantage of using both a mac and a pc for a while now, and have come to the conclusion that the mac is the better computer, obviously. However, I want a hybrid. I love how the mac has more applications, such as garage band, and the little bar at the bottom is conveniant. It's wonderful that you can't get viruses on a mac, and they are quicker (for the most part than pcs). I use macs at my internship and radio station almost as much as I use my own PC. I will admit I like them more, however I must say this. The PC is much easier to use. For starters, lets look at the design. The bigger keyboard on the pc is on the hands to type, even if it is a little heavier (what's one pound right?) Also when you have multiple programs up on the computer (like I do all the time) it's easiest just having a quick clickable link at the bottom, and that standard scrolling application. I also LOVE my windows sidebar, even if it does make the computer a big slower. Most people hate it, but I've found if you add the most useful applications, it's nice. Oh, and its a BIG OH! The PC is soooooooo much cheaper. Try $400 dollars cheaper. I know computers are cheap already, as stores like Best Buy make their profits from chords and such instead of the computers, but still. If Mac could lower the prices of their computers, they would regain all the customers they lost since the beginning of this year. I also prefer internet explorer over safari (again I use both all the time), and I think windows movie maker is a little easier to use than the mac one.
The botom line: I wish they could combine the to. This ultimate computer would have the format and design of a pc, with the speed, programs, and would be immune to viruses. The price would be the same as a PC's. Of course, this is impossible, but it is just a thought.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm a MAC person too. I also wish they were cheaper... but I've had my macbook pro for over 2 years now and I haven't had any problems. My battery died, but that happens with any laptop.
ReplyDelete