I didn't really grasp the entire concept of the article, considering like the article says we don't take in a large percentage of what we read online, I caught the gist, and agree with the author.
We should not, however, fault technology for its inability to improve the knowledge of its young users, but rather the young users and those who have guided them (parents, teachers, etc.)
We have been granted the wonderful tools of computers and the internet, yet since our pre- pubescent days, we use computers for games and "fun" stuff rather than learning. Parents and teachers alike need to position computers as engaging tools of learning for children at a young age, rather than just fun rewards. Teachers need to implement technology in the elementary classrooms, and use it consistently (the smart board will help this cause.)
I have many more opinions on this topic, but since the article says most people don't spend much time reading something online, I will stop.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment