The past couple of days in class we have obviously been learning about transmedia, and different ways in which movies, tv shows, and such use different forms of media to display their product. It is an interesting strategy, and can be engaging for fans, but I worry about its progression. Will there ever be a time when can't watch a comercial for Huggies Diapers without seeing some pixar character strapping the on? So many times you see a product with some sort of movie or tv show on it. Sports provide a great arena in which the strategy of transmedia to flourish. If you hav ebeen watching the NBA playoffs, you will notice every game is being compared to some scene in the movie Taken.
My worry is we will be forced upon these images in the future. There are times when I would prefere not to see an add for some tv show, movie or video game. I worry that in the future we won't be able to avoid these adds. The will pop up everywhere, even when we are watching other comercials. They will be unavoidable, and at this point, transmedia will haven taken over our minds.
Monday, May 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThey love promoting things during big sporting events like the playoffs. I wouldn't compare these playoffs to TAKEN. but maybe Marley and Me. Instead I would have to Re-Name it to fit each team. Kobe and Me. Lebron and Me. Dwight Howard and Me. and Carmelo and Me.
ReplyDeleteThose are the only ones the league ever focuses on.
How bout those chess game commercials?