http://www.kansascity.com/437/story/1194743.html
The "personals" on craigslist are for those looking for a quick and easy date. All one must do is put an add up for themselves on craiglist under sub sections such as "men looking for women" or "men looking for men" etc. They can do this without puting up pictures, or any information about themselves that is truthful, and people looking for a date can contact them, and there you go. For all you know, you can be going out with a killer, such as what happened in california. Also, after looking through this adds, it is obvious that the people putting "themselves up" are just looking for a quick hook up (to me, this is very self-degrading, put that topic is in the arena of personal moral ingerity). Obviously, without knowing information about someone, this can lead to a rapid spread of STDs through the craiglist community (not everyone is going to wear a condemn, don't even kid yourself). Here is an example of a title found I found on craigslist

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI think it's a good thing. BUT they replaced the erotic section with an adult section and are charging $10 to post on there. I'm not sure if much will change hopefully they will pay closer attention now.
ReplyDeleteYes, that is the criticsm it is receiving. The impact is in major question, but I'm just happy they are trying to make a change for the positve.
ReplyDeleteI agree, I didn't know that there were personals on Craigslist until the Craigslist Killer incident.
ReplyDeletePersonally I think it's kind of insane to try to meet someone on CraigsList... and then actually go out to date them, you wouldn't have a clue what you're getting yourself into.